Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Verdict is in - Maybe

I went to Dr. Daily (Infectious Disease) and he studied my CT scans and agreed with the Radiologis and ER doctor - said I am 'a very sick lady' and have 'acute Mastoiditis'. So thats 3 doctors to 1, so I'm going with the majority. I have to finish out the Cipro and if it's not cleared, either go to IV antibiotics or a stronger oral one. Still have the constant headache and nausea, feel like I've been run over by a Mac truck. I am totally noise and light sensitive, they both make me feel like crawling out of my skin. And the abdominal pain that is at times WORSE than my joint pain.

There's always a twist though. Michael did some research and found that Sarcoid can attack the Mastoid bone and mimic Mastoiditis. So, this whole thing could be from Sarc and not an infection. The only way to tell is surgery. yipee, can you tell how thrilled I am?

After I take my morning meds and a double dose of Percocet, I can squeeze out a little bit of 'quality time', which I'm using very judicously. I usually get one more window of 'feel ok time' late in the evening (late for me), usually around 8. Thats when my evening pain meds kick in. Other than those two times of day, my physical life is misery. I put my best face on and try to focus on the positives, try my best not to dampen the spirits of those I love, and just take a moment at a time. Distractions help, music helps, seeing my children smile helps, a kiss from Michael helps, loving my kitty helps, naps help, making tea in my new Dragonfly teapot helps (and sipping it!).

0 comments: