Saturday, January 21, 2006

Saturday Rollin' with the Punches


I can't say today was boring. That's a good thing. Many of my days stretch into hours of lonliness and boredom and I just get tired of being alone and sick. Today was different.


It's been foggy all day. Not cold, just foggy. It probably wouldn't have bothered me if I had stayed inside. But I didn't, and the dampness went straight to my bones and made me cranky and miserable. I had to apologize to my family for my cranky attitude, and even had to put back the steaks I'd planned to cook for dinner - I just couldn't pull it off. It feels like my bones, and especially my joints, are magnets for moisture, and the more moisture, the more pain. My chest got worse today; yesterday it felt almost all cleared up, but not today, it's back in full force. Oh well, at least I'm still only taking the 20 MG of Prednisone.


At least I slept INSIDE last night. Not so for Michael and Will. They were at a camporee and Michael said from about Midnight on, everything was wet. He sent Will straight to a hot bath when they got home this morning, we're trying to head off any ill effects!
Amanda had a meeting at the Y this morning. She is on the Teen Board of Directors. They are planning an inner city mission trip to Atlanta and a mission trip to Mexico next Summer. She was offered and INTERNSHIP for next year, should she decide to go to college locally. It's quite an honor, because they only offer 2 every year. Plus, she'll get paid! Yea! PLUS, they need some one to run lighting for the concerts, which is exactly what she loves doing. I'm so happy she is involved over there, it is such a healthy place.

Well, when she came home I took one look at her car and saw a rear tire was very low. The tread was nearly gone on both rear tires. I ASSUMED this was the 'problem'. So I followed her to the tire place and $270 later she drives out with Michelin's on both rear tires. But when we got home, she said the 'wierd' thing was still happening. Great, thats what I get for assuming. I took a quick ride with her and I would describe the behaviour of her 1993 Sable as a violent shudder randomly occuring anytime as you drive down the road. Not good. By this time, shops were closed, so we had to take it to a key drop at a repair shop on Main Street. I surely hope it'snot a transmission job, especially after putting the $270 in the tires, because the car probably isn't worth the cost of a transmission job. I guess we'll find out on Monday.

She is going to Gaitlinberg next weekend and needed some supplies from Wal-mart. Now honestly, can anyone really go for an entire Saturday without a trip to Wal-Mart? My legs felt like telephone poles; they just wouldn't move for me. So I gave her my credit card and I sat in the luncheonette while she shopped. Fortunately, I think she found everything she needs. No small feat for a teenage girl.



After all is said and done, I'm resorting to my pain pills,

my heating pad, and cuddling up with my tortie kitty on the bed.

0 comments: