Tuesday, January 31, 2006

HOME SWEET HOME


I've just returned home from another extended stay at 'Spa Emory'. I went to the ER last Friday because I was running a fever, which is a big deal when you are taking TNF inhibitors, Chemotherapy, and Immune suppresant drugs. So as much as I hated going down there, I did go, and they did decide I needed to be kept in the hospitial so they could "keep an eye" on me. Boy do I miss my family and my home when I am down there in one of those boring little rooms! Michael and Will came down twice and even snuck in a large Frosted Orange from the Varsity. I got to talk to Amanda on the phone and hear all about her fun trip to Gatlinburg. Those were the highlights of my stay. Then on Sunday, Mom called from MARIETTA. She and Dad came all the way home just because of me. Wow, that made me feel so cared for. I have a one in a million family! Finally after 48 hours clear from fever, the gatekeeper released me tonight and I'm back home. I feel so much better just being here with my family and in my own space. After all was said and done, the doctors were kind of stumped as to what was going on, except they felt it was some sort of virus. Anyway, here I am, home again, and happy to be here.

0 comments: