Thursday, January 19, 2006

A Little Better

Each day since I started on anti-biotics has been a little better. Today was no exception. I felt pretty good until late in the afternoon, when I completely ran out of energy and had to take a long nap. I think I've had an infection for some time, but it was masked by the 60 mg of oxycontin I take every day. As usual, when I start feeling physically better, my mental outlook starts to improve too. That's a good thing.

Lili came over today and brought me some of that delicious Papaya she gets at the Mexican market. She peels it and cuts it up and it is all ready to eat when I get it. She brings me a big tub of it and it makes 2 meals for me and its really very healthy. I gave her some Lavender Shea Butter Sugar Scrub. She seemed confused as to how to use it, but I tried to explain it to her - plus the instructions are on the jar. Hopefully she'll like it. She's a trooper, she helped me out by picking up Will from school today.

Will's class went to see the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe after school today. It was a great outing and one of the parents arranged a deal where the kids didn't have to pay for their tickets. Plus they each got a kids 'snack pack' for free. Mrs Benton drove Will home after the movie, and that was such a big help for me too.

Amanda is having a blast doing tech work for the plays at her schools. She is the top tech person for the Spring musical, 'Oklahoma', which will be a big job and loads of fun. She's really getting into this and I hope she can get connected with some local theaters to continue her persuits after graduation.

I'm hoping for positive news from Social Security Disability any day now. The attorny said the law judge was favorably considering my case, and I've been waiting now for 2 years for a decision. I'm checking the mail every day!

Maybe tomorrow I can get to the Y for that swim I've been trying to get since Tuesday. For now, it's off to bed. ZZZZZZZ

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart,
I am so glad that you had some relief for a while. I love you so much,
m