Saturday, August 28, 2004

Texas Updates

We had a pleasant but quick trip to Texas to see Dr. Wallace. I was very impressed with how much time he spent with me and reviewing my chart. He agreed to put me on a 6 month trial of antibiotic therapy. I will take 3 different antibiotics on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, as well as send in monthly samples to the lab to monitor progress. The antibiotics are similar to what AIDS patients take. I pointed out what a mess his web site is in and tried to barter with him, (testing for medical services) but he didn't go for it. He did have to concede, however that his site is a mess. I'm sure the bill is in the mail. I am hopeful that this will help with my low energy and clear up the cough I've had for 3 years. The treatment does not address the Inflamitory Arthritis, or the Sarcoid, but at least I'm making progress on the infection front. I plan to start on Embril for the Arthritis after I have gall bladder surgery, probably in October. I am very grateful for the opportunity to go to UTHCT and for my wonderful parents for taking me there.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Jeannie, I'm so glad your trip to Texas went well! Isn't it refreshing when a doctor gives you time and attention?

I'll be watching for progress reports, and hope that treatment provides improvement for you.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jeannie. I'm glad things went well in Texas and that they can finally get this stuff on the run. Hope the gallbladder durgery goes well. Wouldn't it be amazing of having it out cured you??? One can only hope.
Take care,
Cheryl Strayer