Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Next Thing to Try

Ok, so we struck out with Methotrexate, Antibiotics, and Embril. Now the doc says we should try Remicade. So I'll be starting treatment in late March or early April. This is a drug that shuts down your immune system (like MTX and Embril), but in a different way. It has been in use for RA patients for some time and there are now studies showing it can be successful for SARC patients. Thats me, a double winner. So the doc seemed excited to try it. I don't even want to read the side effects; maybe if I don't I'll have a more positive attitude about trying it. For today, my goals are to stay ahead of the pain and be kind to people around me.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Dearest One:
I know, believe me!
It seems we are ruling out those treatments that have not yet been the key to our success.
I am continually concerned about the side effects - and the long term effects you experience.

Sooner we tackle the treatments the sooner we will find the one to put all this in remission. We will then be FREE of pain and can then reclaim our lives.

I saw we 'cause we are in the same canoe navigating the same waters.

I love you! A & F

Michael said...

oops !! last sentence>
" I SAY we 'cause we are in the same canoe navigating the same waters. "