Friday, March 25, 2005

New Treatment Starts TODAY


Today is the beginning of something new. Posted by Hello
Today I start on Remicade. There are brand new studies that show it works on Sarcoid AND RA patients. Since those are my two demons, it sounds like a perfect match. I am HOPEFUL. It's kinda funny, Michael came to me with info on Remicade at least 6 months ago and urged me to look into it. At that time, there were no studies out on Remicade for Sarc, plus my Dr. was concerned about infection, so we didn't try it. But now I've survived a round of Embril, which didn't help my disease, but at least didn't make me sicker. So my Dr. feels more comfortable putting me on Remicade. So we start TODAY. The insurance company is covering it, so all I have to pay is $30 per visit. The way it works is I go to a clinic and they run an IV for 3 hours. That's kind of a bummer, but once it gets "going", I'll only have to go to the clinic once every 8 weeks for an infusion. The other good thing is the clinic is at St. Josephs, so we don't have to go downtown every time. Maybe in a few months I can even drive myself there and back!
It feels good to have hope.
And it's bright and sunny outside.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You DO NOT need to start any medications in order to rid yourself of SARCOIDOSIS! I conquered the disease all by myself.I figured out the cause and figured out what I had to do to keep it away forever. tsimpson4@cinci.rr.com