Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Not So Great Today

I had a few really good days last week, but now it's not so great. I have a migraine and my joints are all revolting at once. They feel like they are all on fire and burning out through my skin. I didn't sleep much at all last night because of migraines and joint pain. I've taken my Max MLT which works great, but leaves me with nausea and a wiped out feeling afterwards. I've taken my breakthrough pain meds but they haven't worked yet. The good news is that today I go for my Remicade, and Dr. Butler changed my prescription from every 6 weeks to every 4 weeks, so I'll be getting more of it. I'm also up to .8 on MTX every week. I really do think all of this is working, it's just very slow and there are still many tough days, like today. The weather doesn't help. Whenever storms are around, it makes my joints hurt. Dr. Butler says it's because the fluid inside my synovial joint space (which isn't supposed to be there) responds to the changes in barometric pressure, and that causes the pain. OUCH!

Amanda graduates on May 26 and there is so much to be done!
I need strength!
I need good days.

0 comments: