Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Wednesday Night


Unyielding, pressing in, the ache so deep
Like fire daggers through my bones
The tears flow
They just come when they come; there's no stopping them
Every once in awhile there is a glimpse of the 'old me'
The glimpses are brief, few and far between
Who are they for?
How will it end?
How long will it last?
The distractions are a temporary hide-out
A way to create something beautiful
Even if it's only beautiful to me
To try to hide all the ugliness and pain
To try to remain among the 'living'
While I 'live' from pill to pill
The real me getting sucked deeper and deeper into a foggy pit
A vacant pit behind my blank stare
When I look at you and can't remember your name
Or mine

1 comments:

Michael said...

I can see you! I know the secrets. I am honored to know you and your heart. I am the honored recipient of the always and forever you. of the laughing eyes and the silly quirks and funny faces. I try never to lose sight of you and I continue to reach out to you woith one hand and hand you my heart with the other.
Take it ! for better.