Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Prayer for Today

Dear God,

Thank you for another day of life. Thank you for allowing me to wake up in my home with my family all around me. Thank you for your Word and for your faithful servants that come to my home every week to study your Word with me.

I trust in you for all things and all situations. When I look at my "to do" list with my human eyes, I am overwhelmed. When I close my eyes and pray for your guidance - for you to show me the next right thing to do - just ONE thing at a time, I feel peace. Thank you for this wonderful gift. When the whole world seems like it is closing in around me, I turn to you. I visualize myself resting in your arms and sincerely pray for your guidance and protection. You never fail me. You are truly an awesome God. Thank you for your care. Thank you for helping me keep it simple, taking life one very small step at a time.

Father, please forgive me for my many sins. I know that if I stop and ask and listen to you, you will be faithful and always guide me in the right direction. Please forgive me for not asking you and for taking my own way, and for the many sins and hurts that result.

Father, I pray special blessings today for those that are near and dear to my heart. I pray that you would surround them with your angels of protection and that you would send your Holy Spirit to speak to their hearts, gently guiding them in the right direction in every step they take. I thank you for the ministering of the Holy Spirit to my heart; I am so grateful to have "ears to hear" when you speak to my heart.

Thank you for another day of life. Please help me to use every minute of it for your glory.

In Jesus Christ's holy name I pray, Amen.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.