Friday, January 19, 2007

Ribs

Now that I have a walker, I'm able to cook again on my good days, and so I'm cooking about 2 times a week. On Monday, Will and I went to the grocery store and bought some ribs - that's about his favorite food. I put them in marinade and planned to have ribs for dinner Monday night. Then I was reminded that it was Scout night, and Amanda said she wouldn't' be home for dinner either. So I just left the ribs in the marinade until the next opportunity for a family meal - Wednesday night. (Tuesday night never works because Amanda has Explorers).

Wednesday came, and around 1:00 I put the ribs in the oven on 200 degrees and coated them with BBQ sauce. I basted every hour or so and turned them a few times. When I pulled them out for dinner at 7:00, the meat was falling off the bone and they were bone-sucking good!Everyone pitched in and we cooked fried okra, corn on the cobb, and texas toast to go with the ribs.


Every Wednesday night at 8:30, Will has Upward Basketball practice. They use part of the time for a brief bible lesson and memory verses. During their 'serious' time, Will got distracted by some BBQ sauce on his arm. He started wiping it off with his finger and eating it - then proclaimed loudly "My Mom made the best ribs tonight!" while the leader was reading John 3:16. Reportedly, this pretty much broke up the group and the 'serious' time. Bless his heart, he means well. Michael discreetly told him to go to the restroom and clean up his hands and arms, and Will responded loudly "Oh, don't worry Dad, I'm all clean now - I ate it all". I guess all of the perspiration didn't affect the flavor too much.



Boys will be Boys! It's a great feeling when people enjoy my cooking.

0 comments: